Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blogging dads? that's new! - Quiet Country Life

Blogging dadsThe fast rise of blogging dads is really making me step up my game a little bit. My kids are now using the internet to do searches for fun things to do, and they keep finding these blogging dad sites that have reviews on the latest gadgets and computer games, that of course, my kids just NEED to try. My son found a dad blog all about the great outdoors and now shockingly, he wants to put down his games controller and go camping..Outdoors..In the wet..And the cold? argh! Ok, that might be a little over dramatic, and it would be good to get out and get fresh air, maybe I need to ease into it slowly?Perhaps a nature walk or two before a night under the stars?

Some great sites I found while browsing were

Cabbagedan.com

Cabbagedan is a site my daughter found, she particularly loved the post that talked about the games that could be played as a family. I once told her stories abouthow we would sit around the table as children and play a variety of card games with our parents, they wanted to try and we had tons of fun. I read the post because she wanted me to go out and buy these games so we could all play. I found it interesting because the post actually starts about learning to be a good loser, and winner. Something we can all take a lesson from.

Urbanvox.net

Urbanvox.net is slightly different to the other daddy blogs, it is more of a lifestyle type of blog rather than family centric. However, the busy stay at home dad might enjoy spending a few minutes browsing the many posts on offer onthis site, from film reviews to men?s fashion and for all those single dads out there, tips on dating. The online magazine style is pleasing and easy to read.

Thedaddyadventure.blogspot.co.uk

A blog focused on being a dad, thedaddyadventure intersperses posts about how his child is growing and the fun things he does, with practical posts regarding the latest mobile phones and other gadgets that are all important in a man?s world.Many parents, both male and female, might just appreciate the helpful, ?how to get your child to eat? post.

Theoutdoorsdad.com

The site that strikes me with fear, the one my son found. Theoutdoorsdad.com is actually a great looking site; the pictures of the family camping that I can enjoy from the comfort of my own, warm, cosy home are really lovely. But he has taken it to heart and now he wants to go camping (thanks a lot outdoorsdad..LOL) and not only that he wants to go fishing and swimming in the sea?*shudder* The site has been fantastic to get my son wanting to move away from his electronic games so maybe I should buy some outdoor gear, and a pair of wellies, and get out with him, after all, it is behaviour I should be encouraging

?

?

?

?

Source: http://www.quietcountrylife.com/blogging-dads-thats-new/

Mookie Blaylock Alexis Wright knaidel amelia earhart heat Julius Richard Petri Prancercise

No comments:

Post a Comment